Save 15% Off: Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant: Ten Real Life Stories Review & Ratings

Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant: Ten Real Life Stories
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant: Ten Real Life Stories? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant: Ten Real Life Stories. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant: Ten Real Life Stories Review

First published in 1997, the book has been updated in 2010 with a new resources section, including emergency hotlines, resources for finding a health clinic, and resources for abortion and adoption.
Dear Diary features 10 teenaged girls who talk about how they decided to keep their baby; give the baby up for adoption; or choose an abortion. They also talk about the consequences of those decisions: their feelings, their lives after giving birth or having an abortion, and their advice to other teens facing a similar situation.
Interestingly, no matter what their own personal decision, all the young women in this book expressed the belief that women should have a choice in this situation-that no one else should force them to make one choice over another.
The interviews are presented without any judgment, and with very little editorial commentary. The young women talk about failed birth control; lack of birth control; drugs and drinking; being homeless; religious beliefs; boyfriends; parents; their love for their baby; and more. Many of the girls said they wanted to participate in the interviews to help other teens. "I just want other people to know that they're not alone," said Rose. "Having a baby isn't going to end your life."
A nonjudgmental book like this one can help teens sort out their own feelings and needs from the demands and opinions of society and family members. I have included this book in my online Gender Equality Bookstore.

Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant: Ten Real Life Stories Overview


"All teens need to read this book." -- Katherine A. Kelly, RN, BSN, CEN, Nursing Director for Emergency Services, Rideout Memorial Hospital, California

"... provides a much-needed voice -- that of personal experience -- to the literature on the subject." -- School Library Journal

Chosen by the New York Public Library's "Books for the Teen Age" list and hailed by The Globe and Mail for its "... frank, revealing and brave conversations," this is a must-read book for young women looking for reassurance that they are not alone.

In poignant and insightful interviews, Anrenée Englander presents the voices of 10 pregnant teens as they discuss their experiences and choices around motherhood, adoption and abortion. First published to critical acclaim in 1997, this new edition updates the original interviews and includes a new introduction and a new resources section.

Presenting different points of view, Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant is a nonjudgmental source of information for all teens that provides support and guidance for those who find themselves in this difficult situation.
(201003)

Want to learn more information about Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant: Ten Real Life Stories?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment