Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy DES Stories : Faces and Voices of People Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on DES Stories : Faces and Voices of People Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
DES Stories : Faces and Voices of People Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol Review
If you thought DES was a thing of the past - guess again. DES is alive and well. All you have to do is look into the faces staring up from the pages of this book and listen to the personal stories of the people exposed to this drug to know you are in the presence of a powerful force. No, I'm not referring to DES, although its impact is profound. I am referring to the miraculous ability of the human spirit to survive and transcend experiences most can only imagine. I know. I'm one of the survivors.While you will not find my story contained within the pages of this book, I am there. I am a DES daughter, a cancer survivor. I am also a psychotherapist specializing in health psychology. Through my work, I hear a lot of stories, but few compare to those associated with the widespread medical mistake of DES.
Despite the scope of the problems created by this drug, those of us who live with the aftermath are in danger of being forgotten, or at least overlooked. Upon seeing a new physician recently, he said, "I was told in medical school that we wouldn't be seeing any more people exposed to DES." I informed him that I certainly hoped he wouldn't see any new cases of DES exposure, but there were plenty of us still walking around to tell the tale of DES and of our experiences with it. This book does precisely that - tell the tale.
Many thanks to Margaret Lee Braun and Nancy Stuart for a well-written and graphically poignant book. It is tasteful, respectful, and a much needed reminder that we are still here.
DES Stories : Faces and Voices of People Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol Overview
DES Stories is a tribute to the millions of lives upended by exposure to DES, diethylstilbestrol, synthetic estrogen, toxic chemical, and carcinogenic prescription drug. In photographic portraits and interviews, DES daughters, mothers, and sons tell, in their own voice, what it's like to be DES-exposed. Today the DES story continues to unfold as research brings new findings to light. DES Stories rings with daring honestyand points to broader concerns about the effects of endocrine-disrupting chemicals.Want to learn more information about DES Stories : Faces and Voices of People Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment