Save 60% Off: Stretch Marks: A Novel Review & Ratings

Stretch Marks: A Novel
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Stretch Marks: A Novel? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Stretch Marks: A Novel. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Stretch Marks: A Novel Review

I've been a fan of Kimberly Stuart's mom-lit ever since I read BALANCING ACT and BOTTOM LINE. This author never fails to keep me thoroughly hooked and entertained. At first I assumed that STRETCH MARKS would be book #3 in the Heidi Elliot series, so it took me a few pages to get accustomed to Mia, a hip urban social worker who unexpectedly finds out she's pregnant from her live-in boyfriend.
Throughout the book, I was drawn to Mia, especially her courage in the face of numerous trying circumstances. She's alone after her boyfriend skips town, yet she finds companionship through her quirky best friend Frankie and her hilarious mom, Babs. There were so many laugh-out-loud scenes with Babs and Mia, such as when Babs joins Mia's yoga class for the first time.
I think this would make a great gift for moms-to-be, who can relate to Mia's ups and downs throughout her pregnancy. I also enjoyed reading through the point of view of a vegetarian since I have many family members who are vegetarian! I found myself wanting to eat healthier and try a little yoga after seeing how Mia controlled her own stress through her healthy lifestyle.
I'd highly recommend any of Kimberly Stuart's books for moms who want something fun to read while taking a break from the kids!

Stretch Marks: A Novel Overview


An earth-conscious, yoga-practicing twenty-something is forced to face her estranged relationship with her mother in this comic yet poignant novel about moms and daughters.

Mia Rathbun is an overworked and underpaid Chicago social worker who belongs to PETA and recycles the tops of pizza boxes. Her boyfriend, Lars, is a free-spirited freelance writer (read: mooch) who disdains the conventions of marriage but is happy to build a life with Mia. That is until Mia becomes pregnant.

Left on her own, Mia just begins to accustom herself to the looming prospect of single parenthood when her mother, Babs, shows up to "help." The two have an estranged relationship but are forced to acknowledge their connection as Mia's belly grows and she has few other options. The story is told with Stuart's characteristic irreverent and authentic humor with healthy doses of poignancy and grace.


Want to learn more information about Stretch Marks: A Novel?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment