Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Your Vegetarian Pregnancy : A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Your Vegetarian Pregnancy : A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Your Vegetarian Pregnancy : A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition Review
I read the other reviews, but decided to pick up this book anyway, and I'm glad I did. It makes quick reading, because parts of it are in a question-and-answer format, and you can just skip the questions that don't apply to you.I don't think the topics are so dumb that you don't deserve to be pregnant if you ask them (?), but perhaps that's because I'm a childbirth professional and have been trained to address questions of all sorts nonjudgmentally.
What I like the most about this book is that it presents nutritional information in a way that I've never been able to find it: logically, comprehensively, and specifically for vegetarians and vegans. I was a little suspicious after reading in a review that she claims one cup of tofu has 40 grams of protein (which she does), and a quick check of my fridge shows that a whole package of tofu contains around 35 grams - but who eats a whole package in one meal?
It is bothersome that she doesn't cite her information consistently, sending me to my fridge or online to corroborate her information, but on the other hand we should never be relying on any one source for information about our health.
I especially like her tables and lists: clear, simple RDAs; examples of foods to eat that are rich in each of the vitamins and minerals, and especially her clear breakdown of lipids (fats and fatty-acids), and what foods provide them. Her information on what's in prenatal vitamins and whether they are or are not veg-friendly is great, in a small section that suggests exactly how much of the vitamins it should have and from what sources.
If you can avoid bits of vague misinformation and don't mind the question-and-answer format, this book is a clear distillation of a confusing abundance of nutritional information that vegetarians and pregnant or trying-to-be-pregnant moms need.
Your Vegetarian Pregnancy : A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition Overview
Want to learn more information about Your Vegetarian Pregnancy : A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment