Save 33% Off: The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library) Review & Ratings

The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library)? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library). Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library) Review

This book is for all the women out there who have ever felt some mild anxiety all the way to a wrenching fear about the childbirth process. Dr. Sears and his wife Martha Sears, RN give readers a brief history of childbirth practices, they discuss the myths and fears surrounding birth, and then come full circle to help women understand that childbirth is a natural process. The Sears' articulate that many of today's complications of childbirth are related to the overuse of medical interventions and not enough education about the birth process itself. Although the Sears' advocate for drug free childbirth and as few interventions as medically needed, The Birth Book provides readers with the information that a woman (and her partner) need to make their own wise and individual informed decisions about medical treatments during childbirth. I found the book very empowering. I choose to have my baby at a hospital with my family practicioner and because of the information I gl! eaned from The Birth Book I was able to feel good about the many decisions I had to make surrounding my baby's birth. Many hospitals and doctors have a set of "standard procedures" for birth but I found my doctor and the hospital both were willing to work with my preferences because I was informed about the decisions I was making. Some of the decisions in my baby's birth included not to induce my labor (I went 11 days overdue), to decline the use of pitocin to "speed" my labor when it did come, to ask for pain relief when I needed it, to request not to have an episiotomy and to labor and deliver in the position of my choice. As a result, I had a wonderful (and yes, intense) first birth. Although I fully realize every woman and every labor is different, I believe that my birth experience was definately influenced positively by being educated about technologies, making informed decisions, and trusting my own body. This book helped me to do all those thi! ngs.

The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library) Overview



Want to learn more information about The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library)?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment